Job DescriptionPosition Summary
The IT Support Technician reports to the Helpdesk Manager and provides timely delivery of quality technical support and excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
• Diagnoses, documents, escalates, and resolves IT support tickets
• Provides support for AV classroom technology and on-campus events
• Ensures customer service is timely and accurate
• Improves customer support by following up with customer queries and complaints
• Follows ITIL best practices throughout the entire technical support process
• Provides reports as requested by the Helpdesk Manager
• Provides support for major IT projects across campus, including hardware and software deployments.
• Executes IT project related tasks
• Creates and maintains IT support documentation
• Evaluates new products or services and suggests enhancements
• Performs other related duties as assigned
# of Direct Reports 0
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• 1-3 years of experience in a related position.
• Demonstrated customer service experience
• Exhibit a problem-solving attitude and high quality technical skills
• Knowledge and understanding of University organizational goals, objectives, policies and procedures
• Ability to instruct non-technical users
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High comfort level in using technology to optimize workflow and business processes
• Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
• Evening and weekend work may be necessary during peak times including the start of the academic semesters and work on IT projects
• Local travel may be required to satellite campuses.
• Responsibilities include frequently moving equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds across campus.