· Provides clinical social work services to and in partnership with patients, families, and significant others. These include social work assessments, counseling, goal setting, advocacy, concrete service provision and implementation of care plans.
· Makes referrals to outside agencies and assists in coordination of continuity of care. Works collaboratively with and provides leadership within the multidisciplinary team to optimize patient outcomes.
· Social worker shall be highly knowledgeable about the psychosocial impact of disease on individuals and families as it relates to their age and stage of development.
· Will seek mentorship for professional growth and development. Requires one year post MSW experience, regular supervision as based on experience and licensure status per social work ladder document and educational needs. The social worker represents and supports the mission, philosophy and goals of the Cancer Center.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
o One year experience in social work
· Conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments
· Provide counseling to patients and families
· Anticipate and coordinate safe and timely discharges
· Collaborate effectively with medical team
· Provide comprehensive information and referral services
· Offer educational in-services, presentations and programs
· Pursue professional development
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Minimum of 1 year experience in social work required.
· LCSW or Eligibility for licensure in the State of FL as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker is required. Employee must register with the Board of Clinical Social Work as a "provisional clinical social worker licensee" or as a "registered clinical social work intern".
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.