This temporary part-time staff position is scheduled to work 20 hours per week.
The work schedule will be flexible. The employee and the supervisor will work out a schedule based upon events/other factors.
Job Function:Coordinate outreach activities for the Logistics and Supply Chain Management Center for Excellence, LSCM; work with recruiters, partner companies, advisory board members and faculty from other institutions; manage website content; connect students to corporate internships; execute social media strategies; manage other promotional activities; support the Director and other Center employees.
Minimum Education:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Preferred Education:Bachelor’s degree in business or public relations.
Minimum Experience:One year of public relations, event planning or other related experience.
Preferred Experience:Over three years of public relations or logistics or supply chain related experience; knowledge of and experience with specialized databases; website maintenance experience; supervisory experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and attend annual and bi-annual events for the Logistics and Supply Chain Management Center for Excellence, LSCM; includes advisory board meetings, career fairs, case competitions, corporate executive visits to campus, business tours, internal competitions, conferences and other center focused events; develop and implement a promotional campaign to invite prospective companies to campus for events and promote program awareness to perspective students, both on and off campus; solicit feedback and information from companies; create, manage, maintain and update databases of partner companies, partner universities, relevant professional organizations, students, and alumni.
- Initiate and promote corporate partnership; formalize agreements of corporate engagement for capstone course projects and internships for students; approve and maintain student applications for internships and receive completed internship assessments from internship corporate supervisors.
- Manage the Center’s outreach program and initiatives on a daily basis; includes communicate with recruiters, partners, alumni, students and other constituents; coordinate Center partner activities; engage students entering the Center office.
- Determine content, manage and update Center website; includes develop a clearinghouse for employers to list job opportunities; develop and maintain a database of student resumes for employers to review.
- Schedule advising appointments for students by telephone, email, letters and in person for major and minor advisor.
- Recruit, hire, train, assign work and supervise student employees for the Center.
- Manage and coordinate the quality certification process offered through the lean/6 sigma minor; includes maintain records of students enrolled in the minor and the testing and certification process.
- Provide administrative assistance for Ball State Student Chapter of APICS and related activities throughout the year; includes attend chapter meetings; coordinate guest speakers; support efforts to build the chapter; coordinate chapter projects and fundraisers; update Director monthly on chapter activities.
- Facilitate student and recruiter networking; work with the Career Center and students to connect students with job opportunities and needed preparations for applying and interviewing.
- Plan and submit work requests; purchase equipment; facilitate the setup, upkeep and modernization of both equipment and software in the Center student computer laboratory; work with college and university offices to coordinate the use and scheduling of the laboratory and conference room.
- Purchase and maintain the equipment and facilities of the Center as needed.
- Plan and coordinate faculty and student travel for both regional and national events including expense reimbursement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.