Job DescriptionPostdoctoral Position in Biochemistry/Biophysics/Neuroscience
Jansen lab at the TTUHSC School of Medicine
Location: Lubbock, TX
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A postdoctoral position (Research Associate) is available now in the Jansen lab at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) School of Medicine for an outstanding candidate to pursue research at the intersection of membrane transport protein biochemistry, biophysics and neuroscience. Research in the lab mainly focuses on structure function studies of neurotransmitter-gated ion channels (pentameric ligand-gated ion channels) as well as transporters (proton-coupled folate transporter). For more information visit the lab website including links to recent publications: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/medicine/cell-physiology-molecular-biophysics/faculty/jansen/default.aspx
We take a multidisciplinary approach utilizing diverse expression systems and experimental techniques. TTUHSC and in particular the Center for Membrane Protein Research with more than 40 faculty is a highly collaborative environment.
Facilities available in the Jansen lab
• We are fully equipped to conduct electrophysiological, biochemical and biophysical studies of ion channels and other membrane transport proteins.
• The lab is part of the Center for Membrane Protein Research (CMPR) at TTUHSC School of Medicine with a diverse array of core laboratory equipment for the study of membrane proteins.
• The TTUHSC core facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment to support advanced molecular and imaging studies.
Suitable candidates will
• Have a Ph.D. in biochemistry, biophysics or closely-related life sciences
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Have prior direct experience in standard molecular biology techniques, standard protein biochemistry techniques, cell culture techniques and related applications.
• Be expected to have interest in independent research and strong personal motivation, as well as the ability to think quantitatively and to communicate clearly.
• Applicants should have good organizational skills and interact/collaborate with other lab members.
The application should include a curriculum vitae, a statement of personal objectives, and the names and contact information for three references.
TTUHSC is an EEO/AA/ADA employer.
TTUHSC job portal: https://jobs.ttuhsc.edu
(search for "Jansen" as keyword)