The College of Sciences and Humanities seeks applicants for the Associate Dean of the College of Sciences and Humanities.
Please note, this posting is open to current Ball State University employees only. All external applicants (including current Ball State University students) are not eligible to apply for this position and will not be moved forward in the hiring process.
Job Function:Share responsibility for managing the operation of the College. Responsible for leading projects to advance the mission of the college.
Minimum Education:Doctorate or relevant terminal degree from an accredited institution, appropriate to a discipline within the College.
Minimum Experience:Ten or more years experience in higher education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage curriculum for the college.
- Manage the promotion and tenure review process.
- Manage fill rates in the college.
- Manage student learning assessment reports.
- Handle student appeals, academic dishonesty, and student and parent issues that may arise.
- Manage the Dean’s Honor Reception.
- Coordinate graduations for the college.
- Manage admissions functions and college-wide recruitment activities.
- Manage the teacher education program for the college.
- Oversee facilities as needed.
- Oversee the inventory of and approve requests for technology and equipment.
- Review and approve faculty grant proposals.
- Interview faculty hires.
- Assist with faculty hiring and onboarding for the college.
- Supervise the professional development for faculty and chairs.
- Monitor contract faculty hires.
- Approve graduate faculty applications.
- Manage retention and graduate initiatives.
- Review faculty load reporting.
- Manage shared governance documents (e.g., handbooks, merit documents).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.