The Secretary works in a dynamic, collegial environment, supports Faculty Professional Development and Student Success, and promotes individual excellence and personal growth. The position also provides primary support for the Associate Vice Provost for Curriculum Development and Academic Operations, and will be cross-trained in all other areas of office functions. The successful candidate will receive appropriate training, encouragement, and a generous benefits package, with room for professional growth.
Ball State University offers excellent benefits, including health care and retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, and generous time off with pay.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform secretarial and reception duties for the office which includes: answer telephone, screen callers; respond to telephone inquiries; stay current with technology and other training; maintain One File accounts; maintain the web page for the office; assign projects to student employees; monitor student employees in the absence of the office coordinator.
- Maintain files and documents for the Director of Assessment and Accreditation; maintain spreadsheets and databases; serve as secretary for the University Assessment committee.
- Serve as primary support person for all unit reviews, assessment activities, and accreditation processes. Manage meetings and correspondence related to these activities.
- Provide primary support for the functions of all curriculum committees, including UEC and UCC; update and keep current the Vice- Provost's website information concerning the Academic Program inventory and all other information related to curriculum.
- Serve as back-up on grade appeals; be cross-trained in preparation to provide support in the event of an absence.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.