Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform secretarial duties for the Principal and Superintendent which includes; managing correspondence; scheduling meetings; maintaining calendars, answering phone calls; and responding to inquiries. Update Administration notebook. Serve as a back-up to Office Receptionist and Attendance Secretary.
- Serve as liaison to Human Resources for all aspects of hiring new staff, professional, and faculty members. Complete all processes required to fill positions in TMS. Schedule interviews and maintain applicant files.
- Process EPAFs for stipends, extra pay, coaches, etc. Maintain spreadsheet for required training and background checks for coaches. Process Human Resources forms such as P-3's, Compensation for Extra Work, etc.
- Support the Office Supervisor/Systems Administrator with various tasks such as entering demographic data in PowerSchool and assisting students, parents, and teachers by providing login information and resetting passwords.
- Assist Office Supervisor and Data Specialist with registration and lottery events. Enter student data into PowerSchool and Lottery systems. Maintain enrollment data in PowerSchool.
- Assist the Receptionist and Attendance Secretary with all facets of student lockers; includes change locker combinations every year; assign lockers to all students in grades 6 -12; maintain accurate records of assignments; assist students with locker problems; request assistance from FP&M in cleaning and repairing lockers.
- Maintain records on faculty and temporary staff absences; distribute absence reports; enter information in Kronos. Approve timesheets for all Burris employees which includes reviewing, verifying, and maintaining Kronos data to ensure payroll is signed off in a timely manner.
- Approve timesheets for Kronos for all Burris employees which includes reviewing, verifying, and maintaining Kronos data to ensure payroll is signed off in a timely manner.
- Monitor key system: distribute keys and keep key records. Order replacement keys and request electronic (key swipe) access to the building. Monitor list of employee access throughout out the school year and make adjustments as needed.
- Assist students, parents and visitors with various requests when needed; including minor first aid in nurse’s absence; serving as back-up in answering the three main telephone lines and delivering messages.
- Monitor background checks for volunteers and visitors; run reports using Indiana State Police system. Maintain spreadsheet of completed checks.
- Obtain substitute teachers for prearranged or same day absences; includes oversee substitute teacher licenses; complete required paperwork; input and approve time in Kronos; provide substitutes with lesson plans/directions from teachers of record, etc.
- Process various BSU departmental requests such as employee verifications, work orders, Help Desk requests, Central Stores, and capital equipment release/move orders.
- Enter blanket travel authorizations for all new and existing faculty and professional employees.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.