Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide reception for all personnel housed in Undergraduate Programs. Includes greeting guests, managing incoming phone calls, signing for deliveries, sorting mail, assisting students with scheduling advising appointments, and notifying personnel when students have arrived for their appointments.
- Provide clerical support to the Office of Undergraduate Programs and the SOAR Program, including securing space for events and meetings and ensuring adequate supply of course configurations and other advising materials used by students and office staff.
- Assist in planning the following events: Family Weekend reception, Beta Gamma Sigma induction, Admitted Student Day, all Miller Business Honors Program events (Orientation Day, Accounting Breakfast, Internship Roundtables, Scholar for a Day, Scholar Day (formerly Interview Day), Etiquette Dinner, and Graduation Reception), Miller Welcome Week, and all other student engagement events for the SOAR Program. This includes space requisitions, securing needed equipment and supplies, catering, and transportation as needed.
- Maintain Miller College of Business scholarship spreadsheet. Spreadsheet must be accurately maintained to record all scholarships awarded including donor contact information, student information, and scholarship award amounts. This includes working with the University Foundation and the Blackbaud Award Management system.
- Review Dean’s List spreadsheet from the Registrar’s Office for formatting. Prepare and send Dean’s List letters and post list in hallway display case. Resent letters as they are returned with updated address information or contact student via Ball State email to ensure delivery of physical copy or PDF copy of letter.
- Organize Beta Gamma Sigma induction event each spring. This includes working with Beta Gamma Sigma membership website, obtaining the chapter honoree from the Dean’s Office (which includes ordering the honoree plaque and preparing honoree biography for event introduction), maintaining college file of Beta Gamma Sigma membership, preparing invitation packets, ordering membership materials, coordinating event registration and payment, location reservations, reserving photographer, and catering.
- Work with Ball State University Welcome Center to confirm appointments for the Undergraduate Fellow and securing meeting locations as needed.
- Maintain accurate file of Miller College of Business student organizations including faculty advisor and student leadership contact information. Send email from email@example.com on behalf of student organizations to all Miller College of Business students.
- Assist Office Coordinator in preparing files for college scholarship committee including verification of student class standing and GPA in student applications.
- Monitor firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com email accounts on a regular basis and respond to or forward as appropriate. Send email to students as needed to promote events, programs, or other information. Add university calendar dates to firstname.lastname@example.org calendar as well as college events and speakers as needed.
- Provide all materials necessary for the Director of Student Services to act on requests for extenuating circumstance withdrawals. Includes providing students with details about the process and maintaining spreadsheet of requests and file of submitted documentation.
- Maintain hallway display with current information regarding college and university dates and events (speakers, career fairs, Dialogue Days). Monitor first floor hallway bulletin boards to ensure current and relevant information is posted.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.