Founded in 1918, Ball State University (BSU) is recognized for embracing beneficence and the enduring values of excellence, innovation, courage, integrity, inclusiveness, social responsibility, and gratitude. Located in Muncie, Indiana, with satellite campuses in Fishers and Indianapolis, BSU is committed to providing an innovative, learner-centered learning experience in a welcoming, collaborative culture that inspires passion and purpose for a fulfilling career and a meaningful life. Ball State University currently enrolls over 22,500 students engaged in undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and specialist programs, and BSU prides itself on maintaining a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students of all ethnicities, genders, identities, faiths, and backgrounds. As a public research institution, BSU offers 120 undergraduate majors and 94 graduate disciplines, and boasts a 16:1 student-faculty ratio. Ball State is ranked #1 in the country in College Magazine's "Top 10 Campuses for Students with Physical Disabilities,” and, for the fifth year in a row, has earned the “Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award” from Insight into Diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide data-inspired leadership and decision making in the operations of the One-Stop Student Success Center.
- Plan, prioritize, implement, and execute excellent student-centered services and activities that contribute to the university's goals and objectives.
- Guide, lead, mentor, coach, and empower staff to provide excellent student services and encourage forward thinking, problem solving, continuous improvement, and professional development; hire, train, and assess employees.
- Support students and staff with complex issues; resolve referrals from other offices; solve or escalate complicated issues using professional judgement and individual discretion.
- Collaborate with other units and offices to solve serve issues that may arise; ensure streamlined, effective communication and promotions.
- Provide reports and data when requested by administration.
- Stay current on trends, new emerging systems and services by attending conferences, workshops, webinars; participating in consortiums; reading researched best practices, etc.
- Represent the One-Stop internally and externally, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.