Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in ensuring all equipment is maintained/repaired as necessary; includes constant attention to quality control and safety factors.
- Provide assistance in issuance, fitting, return of equipment, and related items; issue charge notices for lost or stolen apparel and equipment.
- Staff home game events as assigned by Athletic Equipment Manager.
- Maintain positive relations with various publics, e.g., visiting coaches and teams.
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to basic NCAA and Mid-American Conference rules and regulations.
- Assist in maintaining accurate computerized inventory of athletic equipment and supplies issued.
- Supervise student workers that assist in Equipment Room.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.