In this role you will perform research for the Quantum Machine Learning (QML) program. The program explores high-performance multimode piezomechanics integrated with superconducting qubits to achieve a hardware-efficient architecture for QML tasks. Both experimental and theoretical research are conducted, with emphasis on nanomechanical and superconducting device design and fabrication, and low-temperature quantum experiments.
The program uses CNM’s unique facilitates and capabilities; in particular, nanofabrication is performed in CNM’s state-of-the-art cleanroom, and quantum experiments make full use of the dilution refrigerator system and microwave electronics in CNM’s Quantum Matter and Device Lab. You will collaborate with other members and staff scientists as well as external collaborators.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in experimental quantum physics and device nanofabrication.
- Experience in programming skills at the hardware level to control microwave quantum measurements, and at the software level to perform quantum dynamics calculations.
- Experience in microwave device characterization and measurement skills.
- Experience in communication, collaboration, and presentation.
- Experience with superconducting quantum experiments is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Nanomechanical and microwave device design and simulation skills.
- Knowledge and good understanding of quantum information science.
Job FamilyPostdoctoral Family
Job ProfilePostdoctoral Appointee
Worker TypeLong-Term (Fixed Term)
Time TypeFull time
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.