Digital Innovation at the Moffitt Cancer Center is a new department focused on bringing bold ideas into focus and delivering new digital experiences by leveraging iterative methodology, cutting edge technology, and a consumer-first mentality. We are obsessed with discovering digital solutions to solve our industry’s biggest challenges and are forging a digital future to bring change to how we tackle this difficult disease.
We’re on a mission to find the newest member of our growing team: a warm and hyper-organized Jack or Jane-of-all-trades to join us as our Executive Assistant. This role, serving as the face and first point of contact for our team, requires a unique personality: superb organizational skills balanced with an authentic love of people and a superhuman level of calmness.
As our Executive Assistant, you’ll need a few obsessions. We’ll list them out, alphabetically: calendaring, collaboration, Microsoft Office, planning (inclusive of planning for events, hackathons, and meetups), snacks, and The Staples Store. Oh, and digital health, of course; curiosity about the space in which we work is a prerequisite. Bonus if you have exceptional business writing skills and a passion for witty headlines.
Under the direction of the VP of Digital, you will be responsible for providing a high level of operational support and performing a variety of essential administrative and business-related functions within the fluid, rapidly evolving setting of a new department and growing team. You must be able to make independent decisions, exercise authority when necessary, anticipate needs, have mature judgment, and exercise discretion due to the confidential and sensitive nature of information handled daily. If you’re the standout candidate, you know that you can be our Go-To problem solver by leveraging the internal relationships you build and your unparalleled ability to “make things happen” in the face of obstacles.
Working at Moffitt is driven by a commitment to service. Everyone on our team cares deeply about working on behalf of our clinicians, administrators, researchers, innovators, and entrepreneurs to create a massive impact on patient care. As the Executive Assistant, you have the added responsibility of helping everyone on our team, a kind of “force multiplier” if you’re into superhero names. Additionally, you’ll have touch points with many departments and committees and all levels of management, staff, external parties, and the public to support and foster digital health initiatives at Moffitt – be prepared to wear a lot of hats!
We believe you’ll succeed here if you can collaborate and move fast, staying light on your feet while retaining a strong self-driven streak. We’ll be the first to say this isn’t your average gig. We are a busy and determined bunch and it can get crazy sometimes but knowing that we’re helping care for patients and shaping the future of digital health more than makes up for it.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- Professional Administrative Certificate of Excellence (PACE) or equivalent
- Prior experience in operations or executive support roles in healthcare, research and/or academic setting is a big plus
- Experience with coordinating hiring and onboarding of new team members is a plus, as our team is fast-growing with significant potential to rapidly expand through fresh hiring
Manage general operations
- Manage people flow in the office; interfacing with guests ranging from fellows, clinicians, and partners to investors and entrepreneurs; coordinating arrival logistics; and welcoming guests
- Plan, anticipate needs, organize, and manage support for day-to-day office requirements as well as to enable remote work
- Set up and maintain collaboration mechanisms (document sharing, filing etc.), digitally and through other appropriate means; routinely provide ideas for process or organizational improvement with new tools or systems
- Monitor and manage the inventory of the department, including digital subscriptions, equipment, and supplies
- Provide support to various committees on behalf of VP and Digital Innovation team and be responsible for special projects as assigned
Coordinate calendars and communication
- Maintain daily schedule of VP to facilitate key meetings and activities; proactively adjust calendar for any conflicts in advance and resolve scheduling challenges efficiently by communicating with other assistants and partners; coordinate domestic and international travel
- Prepare accurate documentation including agendas, minutes, presentations to support leader and the team; capture follow up actions, initiating reminders to facilitate timely and appropriate action and ensuring details for commitments are addressed
- Manage team calendar, triage and route inquiries and requests for all inbound communications, and track all relationships in collaboration tool
- Track timelines and deadlines, coordinate all involved parties, handle updates
- Research content and write / edit / coordinate preparation of correspondence, reports, and other printed materials with appropriate tools
Multiply team efficiency
- Be the glue that engages the entire Digital Innovation team as we continue to expand and facilitate coordination among team members
- Support recruitment efforts: conduct online diligence, communicate with candidates and search partners, schedule interviews, manage onboarding of new hires
- Provide planning and operational support for team activities, retreats, events, and major ecosystem engagement efforts (i.e., hackathons, community events, speaker series etc.).
- Coordinate submission of timesheets and expense reports, invoice and purchase order development and tracking of cost for key projects and/or consultants
- Support and build cross-functional relationships with key partners (both internal and external) and other assistants to create an avenue to quickly tackle concerns, meeting needs, or other areas to be addressed
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS
- High School Diploma
- 5 years of administrative support experience in an office setting
- Intermediate to Expert level skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Proficiency in coordinating and providing operational support to events by leveraging Eventbrite or similar tools, creating brochures/flyers, and coordinating catering and event space needs
- Ability to prepare reports and/or special projects
- We place a premium on candidates who have exceptional business writing skills, because superior writing ability is a crucial element of this role and is also a proxy for so many other desirable qualities (ability to think and problem-solve; effectiveness at imparting insights to others; attention to detail; etc.).
ADDITIONAL SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- You have a bias for action with an unwavering focus on execution
- You have excellent organization skills, analytical skills, and ability to think on your feet
- You can handle multiple competing priorities with a sense of calm
- You’re detail oriented. You know what questions to ask and can spot a typo or misused font from a mile away.
- You’re passionate about helping those around you and fostering a welcoming ambience
- You are a natural networker and thrive on making connections among people and organizations
- You’re confident and sophisticated in written and oral communications with ability to communicate thoughtfully, confidently, and succinctly
- You’re a self-starter who can thrive with minimal management
- You’re persistent. Nothing can stop you from finding creative solutions to complex challenges.
- You’re highly flexible, comfortable working within an evolving structure, and able to re-establish priorities as they change
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, while simultaneously understanding the needs, process, and mindset of a large organization
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.