Responsible for the daily operational supervision of the Interventional Radiology department as it relates to organizing schedules and directing activities. This role will support a team approach and work collaboratively with all Interventional Radiology teams such as: nursing, scheduling coordinators, advance practice practitioners (APP), imaging assistants and other members of the team.
This position will assist management with monitoring the quality, safety, productivity, and the appropriateness of services provided to achieve the best-individualized care possible for all patients based on age appropriateness.
The Lead Technologist is expected to perform a variety of procedures with the knowledge and ability to apply the proper images and protocols needed to visualize the anatomy in question following safe Radiologic practices. Acts as a Lead Technologist to the rest of the Interventional Radiology Technologists in the department and have the ability to troubleshoot technical difficulties as well as possess critical decision-making abilities for safe use of the Angiography equipment (C-Arm, CT scanner/Hybrid Room, Fluoroscopy tube/table, Ultrasound equipment) due to any irregularities or malfunctions
- Will have a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Radiology or Social Science with International Radiology track; Associates degree is required
- Will have A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an IR Technologist in a progressive role, preferably in a hospital setting; 5 years of experience is preferred
- Will have experience working with hospital and/or clinic information systems in a radiology environment
- Will have a good working knowledge of clinical, regulatory, and technical functioning of the IR department
- Will have knowledge of procedures and relevant supplies, devices and equipment that are used in the Interventional Department
- Will have the proper interpersonal skills to provide effective leadership to staff
- Will have the ability to maintain a collaborative working relationship in a team focused model
Responsibilities (not an inclusive list)
- Perform exam in all aspects of Interventional Radiology
- Access Ports, Lines, Drains, and Catheters for contrast injections.
- Oversees all IR equipment safety and follows proper procedure concerning any equipment malfunction.
- Performs thorough inventory and supply checks and needs and collaborates with IR Physician and IR Supervisor in ensuring stock and supply consistency and integrity
- Works with IR Techs with staffing and scheduling to provide ample staffing for daily workload and function. Collaborates with leadership team on IR Techs training, orientation, and competency checks
Credentials & Qualifications
- Associates degree – required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certified Radiologic Technologist with the Florida Department of Health – required
- Current BLS certification – required
- ARRT (VI) Vascular Interventional Radiographer – required; at hire or obtained within 1 year of hire
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.