Or, in lieu of Bachelor’s degree:
2. Associate’s degree plus an additional combination of education or experience in IT equivalent to two years.
3. High school diploma or GED plus an additional combination of education or experience in IT equivalent to four years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the point-person for the ongoing support, maintenance and upgrades of enterprise applications.
- Ensure strict adherence to operational procedures regarding access controls and any changes to production environments. In accordance with established guidelines, implement appropriate change control and testing procedures for enterprise applications and ensure the confidentially, integrity, and availability of systems are maintained. Ensure support units (Operations, Helpdesk, etc.) are kept informed of planned changes or updates as well as planned and unplanned outages.
- Work with others in the unit to ensure 24/7 coverage for response to unplanned service outages at the application level. Participate as part of a response team when needed (including outside of regular business hours). Be available and ready to serve outside of regular business hours to complete upgrades or enterprise system changes when least disruptive to university operations - this will at times include performing planned maintenance work during evenings and weekends.
- Work closely with the information security team to ensure enterprise applications are being maintained in a secure manner at the applications tier. Work with enterprise backup to ensure systems are fully recoverable and have been configured with appropriate safeguards to prevent data loss. Work closely with Operations to ensure enterprise systems are being monitored effectivity at the applications level to ensure timely alerts in the event of a service outage. Work closely with the Enterprise Systems team to ensure the operating system and server configuration and capacities are optimally configured.
- Work directly with business units to improve business practices and streamline processes across the enterprise. Maintain a positive working relationship with business units to determine needs and adjust system configuration as required.
- Work directly with external vendors and consultants. Ensure that external entities are providing services that fit documented best practices. Review external work and notify supervisor if additional review is required.
- Establish and maintain a current working knowledge of assigned enterprise systems. This will include all facets of the applications from installation, functional usage, migration, and troubleshooting. Systems should be monitored frequently to ensure that they are operating at peak efficiency.
- Create and maintain documentation on the assigned enterprise systems. All installation options as well as system changes should be documented with justification as appropriate. Documentation will be maintained in the IT Service Management solution and periodically reviewed for accuracy and updates.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.