- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Management, Criminal Justice or a related field.
- Successful graduation/completion from a police or security academy.
- Minimum of six years (6) of relevant law enforcement, public safety, security, campus safety experience with four (4) years of police/public safety supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong verbal and written skills, public speaking, and computer use
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Experience working in a campus or university environment
- Experience managing the community policing / community service programs
- Experience with the accreditation process
- Experience with data driven public safety methodologies
- Certified Public Manager (CPM)
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 387 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Special Instructions to Applicants