Principal Investigator: Virendra R. Mishra, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Imaging Research, Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health
Lab Research Topics:
- Diffusion Weighted MRI
- Resting and task functional MRI
- Arterial Spin Labeling MRI
- Machine and Deep Learning using data from multimodal MRI, biofluids, genetics, and clinical variables
- Meta analysis
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Virendra-Mishra-4 or contact Dr. Mishra at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Assisting the lab in data collection
- Developing novel methods along with utilizing existing methods for analysis
- Developing a predictive algorithm utilizing multimodal MRI, genetics, CSF and serum proteins, and clinical features to predict dementia in PD.
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- PhD in biomedical engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related
- Ability to supervise the work of others to focus team efforts and motivate individuals
- Experience in working with the multi-shell dMRI
- Interest/Experience in multimodal and multivariate statistical modelling
- Interest/Experience in developing predictive algorithms using deep learning or machine learning techniques
Preferred Application Materials:
- List of 1-3 first-author publications
- Research motivation
- PhD thesis
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, FRIC, Research, MRI, Multimodal, Multivariate, Statistical modelling, Diffusion MRI, dMRI, Functional MRI, fMRI, Arterial Spin Labelling MRI, pCASL MRI, Deep learning, Machine learning, Data reduction, MatLab, Python, R, Open source
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.