Dr. Joshua Riback of Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is seeking a technician to assist him in setting up and managing his new laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology. Dr. Riback’s research focuses on the cell biology and physics of biological condensates during differentiation and oncogenesis.
- Assists in maintenance of the lab, including:
- making buffer solutions,
- cleaning glassware and
- performing basic molecular biology experiments.
- Orders supplies and schedules delivery.
- Maintains organization of the lab and its reagents.
- Trains others in various cellular and molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR, cell culture).
- Assists in research projects as necessary.
Prepares and conducts laboratory experiments.
Documents result of experiments.
Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
Conducts literature searches.
Maintains lab notebooks (physical and/or digital).
Contributes to database maintenance.
Supports development of presentations and publications.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care.
- Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective.
- Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve.
- Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention to the employer that you saw this ad on DiversityWork.com