Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide development leadership by identifying, engaging and successfully soliciting individual donors for major gifts towards annually determined fundraising and solicitation goal.
- Working with supervisor and dean, develop solicitation strategies for major gifts by conducting research, identifying and prioritizing top prospective donors, creating plans for engaging donors with the university and college, and establishing philanthropic relationships which lead to securing major gifts.
- Provide support and management for the major gifts program at the College of Fine Arts; includes exercising independent judgment and initiative in creating comprehensive major gift strategies which are aligned with the fundraising priorities of the university.
- Develop and deliver solicitation proposals to articulate College priorities and secure private philanthropic gifts for the University.
- Coordinate relationships and development activities with other administrative areas, campus units, peer development officers, and departmental leaders.
- Manage and monitor individual relationships effectively; ensure appropriate call reports and documentation are properly recorded.
- Contact donors as needed for purposes of gift acknowledgment, stewardship, pledge fulfillment, and gift renewal.
- Support leadership proposals to major foundations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for conducting a minimum of 150 meaningful contacts annually with our prospects.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.