Coordinates day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant
- regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database. May perform
- Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to
- procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to
- performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies
- specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care.
- Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective.
- Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve.
- Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention to the employer that you saw this ad on DiversityWork.com