- Evaluates and treats physical therapy patients and communicates to referral sources about patient's initial condition, progress, and discharge disposition.
- Completes patient related and non-patient related documentation in a timely manner.
- Delegates and supervises the patient care of PTAs, support staff and students.
- Achieves personal and professional development through participation in continuing education, inservices, orientation programs and student programs.
- Markets services to patients, referral sources and the public.
- Organizes work assignments and time, without compromising quality patient care, to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains required BLS.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Physical Therapy.
- Physical Therapy current license to practice in Ohio.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Previous experience treating orthopedically involved patients desired.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.