- Transports patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas via wheelchair, stretcher or beds as requested, including patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips and special equipment.
- Transfers patients to or from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers, with assistance.
- Transports patients during discharge to hospital lobby and opens doors.
- Ensures proper oxygen levels in tanks before transporting patient.
- Approaches and offers assistance to patients and visitors in the hospital environment.
- Communicates to nursing personnel, clinicians, technicians or reception regarding patient's arrival and departure.
- Verifies and confirms standard precautions and correct patient identification by comparing information from pager and patient wristband to obtain correct medical chart and verify proper mode of transportation.
- Disinfects and maintains equipment throughout the hospital. Performs environmental and safety checks then documents findings.
- Identifies malfunctioning ambulatory equipment and reports it to the appropriate department for repair or replacement.
- Moves and delivers equipment and linen carts to the appropriate staging area and depots.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires organizational, decisive judgment, problem solving, communications, good customer service skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate actions as needed.
- After selection and placement, requires three months on-the-job training and orientation to learn multiple hospital and clinic locations, special procedures and patient emergency and safety procedures, proper body mechanics necessary to safely move patients.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling of patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination.
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working with some exposure to communicable disease.
- Medium work-exerting 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-25 lbs. of force frequently and/or 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.