Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make recommendations for the coordination the day-to-day operations of the health care program for Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Serve as the athletic trainer and have direct supervision for one or more sports, as necessary on a daily basis, as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Evaluate injuries and make physician referral decisions for assigned sports.
- Design and implement, in coordination with the team physician, all rehabilitation and therapeutic programs for assigned sports.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the training staff, to supervise the athletic training graduate assistants; supervise students in the athletic training major.
- Provide athletic training services to assigned sport, including travel and coverage for home/away events.
- Coordinate with the Strength and Conditioning Coach regarding programs for injured and rehabilitating athletes.
- Direct all communication between the athlete, training room staff, team physicians, and coaching staff for the assigned sports.
- Show commitment to and responsibility for, adherence to all rules and regulations of Ball State University, the Mid-American Conference and the NCAA.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.