Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage graduate program recruitment; extensive travel for approximately ten to twelve weeks; possess working knowledge and familiarity of graduate program market area to include enrollment history (into Ball State) and awareness of potential recruitment territory; provide support with targeted recruitment by: making decisions with the Director of Graduate Admissions regarding which graduate recruitment events to attend, making decisions independently regarding timing and scheduling of recruitment events, performing appropriate follow-up, cultivating new markets, maintaining positive relationships with graduate program directors, and assessing market culture to meet enrollment goals.
- Perform application follow-up: exercising autonomy and sound judgment when reviewing applicant files and performing appropriate follow-up in collaboration with graduate program directors.
- Represent the university to prospective graduate students and other individuals and/or organizations involved with graduate program selection process through group presentations, phone calls, e-mail, and one-on-one meetings; communicate with various audiences; counsel prospective students; make decisions about appropriate follow-up; present positive and professional image of Ball State.
- Provide support with coordination and assessment of various admissions programs including on- and off-campus yield receptions, recruitment programs, and various special events (i.e. orientation, diversity, and graduate enrollment initiatives).
- Participate in projects for specialized areas of interest within the Graduate Admissions. Previous examples include: Graduate School orientation for new graduate students, University committee work related to graduate program enrollment, data research and analysis, supervision of student employees and graduate assistants, event planning (on- and off-campus), new staff training, and inventory management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned including working a flexible schedule e.g. weekends, evenings and overnights during travel.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.