Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a consultant and liaison for campus colleagues on the creation of compelling video content, translating university messaging into compelling videos that exemplify the Ball State brand.
- Develop engaging video content that tells the Ball State story in ways that build and deepen positive relationships across constituencies.
- Consult with and advise clients to assist with writing video scripts in order to
create accurate and informative videos for campus clients.
- Direct, film, capture and edit a variety of footage, including interviews, live event coverage, and studio production.
- Work with Marketing and Communications leadership to brainstorm, develop, and maintain strategic video and interactive content for the brand; develop proposals for innovative strategies and realistic solutions to increase reach of content.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other media-related areas across campus and in the community in order to ensure a regular flow of up-to-date video content for the website, social media, and other marketing and promotional use.
- Maintain expert knowledge of interactive video developments and all aspects of video production, including directing and cinematography, clean audio and lighting, as well as post-production editing techniques and software for audio sweetening, color grading, animated graphics, and compression formats for various delivery channels.
- Understand and adapt to the demands of a deadline-based editorial team, be able to write and follow creative briefs that help complete the goals and mission of the client and Ball State University.
- Stay abreast of the latest video equipment and techniques used in the industry.
- Develop and express visual identity for photo and video consistent with the
university’s brand through appropriate techniques.
- Advise and facilitate collaboration with Marketing and Communications
colleagues, as well as other clients, on video projects.
- Research and develop data asset management methods for strategic communications and clients as well as new methods for improved workflow and increased collaboration.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.