We seek an enthusiastic candidate for a postdoctoral fellow position in the laboratory of Dr. Jos Melenhorst, the Vice-Chair of the Center for ImmunoTherapy & Precision Immuno-Oncology (CITI) at the Cleveland Clinic (CCF), and Dr. Pablo Camara, Assistant Professor of Genetics at the University of Pennsylvania (UPenn). The post-doctoral position is for a highly motivated candidate with a background in single-cell multiomic analysis in immunology to join a research group focused on immunotherapy research. Projects will involve the analysis of spectral and mass cytometry data, CITE-seq and 5’ TCR/CITE-seq data, highly multiplexed immunohistochemistry, dimensionality reduction, and clustering analyses. Applicants should hold a PhD in bioinformatics and have a good understanding of T cell immunology. Laboratory experience in molecular biology, immunology, multiplexed immunohistochemistry, or cancer genetics would be very helpful.
Principal Investigator: Jos Melenhorst, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Center for Immunotherapy and Precision Immuno-Oncology
Lab Research Topics:
- CAR T Cell
- Single Cell Multiomics
- Molecular Biology
- multiplexed immunohistochemistry
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/citi/ or contact Allison Borrelli at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Develop new methods and protocols
- Conduct independent, scholarly research focused on T cell and cancer biology via the analyses of multiomic data sets.
- Contribute to other projects via data analytics.
- Plans, organizes, performs and monitors daily project protocols
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- PhD in bioinformatics, with a focus on single cell multi-omics
- Assists with the preparation and delivery of internal/external presentations, conference reports/lectures, and publishing submissions.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
- Research Statement
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.