About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is implementing Enterprise Architecture Practice as a key strategic initiative. The Strategic Enterprise Architecture Practice will enable City of Hope to achieve its mission, vision and values systematically through developing enterprise alignment, enterprise agility, and enterprise innovation/transformation by utilizing emerging technologies and best practices across enterprise business architecture, enterprise information architecture and enterprise technology architecture in a business-oriented holistic way.
The Enterprise Information Architect will be a key member of the enterprise architecture group and will lead the enterprise practice in enterprise information architecture domain through designing/developing enterprise information architecture principles, standards, reference architectures and artifacts, and engaging with enterprise projects to enable the best practices of information architecture to be applied appropriately at projects and operation level to deliver business-aligned value at enterprise level.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the design and development of enterprise information and application architecture and roadmap to enable business-aligned IT capabilities development in a constructive and holistic way.
- Engage with other IT teams and projects to enable best architecture practice to be applied at project executions so that the projects will align with enterprise business and IT strategies, policies, principles and standards.
- Meet and communicate with business and IT stakeholders to understand their strategy, objectives, organization, operation and process so that enterprise information and application architecture design will align with business/IT needs appropriately.
- Design and develop enterprise information and application architecture principles, standards, and artifacts.
- Design and develop enterprise information technology and product standards.
- Design and develop innovative enterprise information solution architecture by utilizing emerging technologies.
- Design, develop and manage enterprise information and application architecture assets
- Develop relationship with IT and business stakeholders and customers, working with them to optimize and enhance the integration and alignment of business and IT
- Help on enterprise architecture governance to ensure business IT projects to align with enterprise strategies, policies, principles and standards.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve enterprise information and application architecture constructively
- Deliver executive presentations supporting final directional recommendations
- Solid previous experience in enterprise information and application architecture design/development
- Solid experience and skills in OOA/OOD/OOP and SOA design/development
- Solid knowledge, skills and experience in design and architecture patterns.
- Solid knowledge and experience in enterprise architecture framework, such as, TOGAF, Zachman, FEAF, Gartner EA Framework, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid knowledge and experience in full life cycle of IT/Business systems design/development.
- Solid Experience and skills in RDBMS, MDM, NoSQL, and/or Big Data design/development
- Solid experience and skills in design/develop multi-tier multi-server multi-location systems
- Strong experience and skill in design/develop enterprise information and application roadmap (Current/Target) using Visio, and/or Other EA tools supporting UML, BPMN, ArchiMate, etc.
- Experience in developing relationship with other IT/business teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to mentor and coach other team members
- Ability to Influence and change organizational behavior
- Can perform independently with minimal supervision and make firm decisions in ambiguity
- Ability to multitask in demanding environments
- Ability to influence and communicate across key stakeholders
- Ability to promote enterprise architecture best practice with flexibility to customize best practice to fit the context.
- Knowledge and/or experience in project management, healthcare industry regulations and policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science or Engineering, or related field required.
- 5 years’ experience in the Information Technology/System design/development, with Healthcare industry experience preferred
- 5 years of experience in enterprise architecture
- Previous consulting experience with internal and external customers, with strong customer-facing skills
- Experience in data and application architecture design/development in a large project across an enterprise.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- TOGAF Certified Enterprise Architect
- Enterprise Information Architecture experience in Fortune 500 companies
- Knowledge, experience and skills in cloud computing
- Experience in healthcare/provider industry
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.