Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Directors in the development of individualized lesson plans.
- Plan, supervise, and organize activities in accordance with behavior support plans to enhance the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Provide direct supervision to campers ensuring camper/staff safety and camper engagement in camp activities.
- Develop rapport with campers and their families.
- Assist in group activities as needed.
- Monitor curriculum for swim instruction of children with Autism spectrum disorders.
- Assist in implementation of behavior support plans.
- Serve as a role model to all campers and staff with professionalism and positive attitude.
- Assist campers with activities of daily living (ADL). ADL’s include, but are not limited to, toileting and eating.
- Other duties as assigned by Camp Directors.
- Must participate in staff development activities as assigned.
- Must observe and follow all agency and departmental philosophies, policies, procedures and the Agency Standards of Conduct and Code of Ethics.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.