Degree in Applied Behavior Analysis
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Autism Camp Social Skills Specialist will collaborate with the camp directors in the development of social skills curriculum/programming for children on the autism spectrum.
- Provide training for staff in the area of social skills development for children with ASD.
- Assist in planning and organizing daily social skills classes in accordance with behavior support plans.
- Provide direct supervision to campers ensuring camper/staff safety.
- Provide direct supervision to campers ensuring camper engagement in camp activities.
- Develop rapport with campers and their families.
- Assist in group activities, as needed, using strong judgment and critical thinking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Monitor curriculum for education, physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of children with autism spectrum disorders.
- Assist in the implementation of behavior support plans.
- Serve as a role model to all campers and staff with professionalism and positive attitude. Work well with others.
- Assist campers with activities of daily living (ADL). ADL's include, but are not limited to: dressing, toileting, and eating.
- Assist in writing final camp progress report including a description of the focus of tutoring during camp and by developing academic recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned by Camp Manager and Associate Directors.
- Participate in staff development activities, as assigned. Observe and follow all agency and departmental philosophies, policies, procedures, and the Agency Standards of Conduct and Code of Ethics.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.