The Argonne Fire Department is hiring a Firefighter/Paramedic to perform to a wide variety of tasks, including structure fire suppression, hazardous material response, rescue, emergency medical care, vehicle extrication, wildland fire suppression, and dispatch of resources.
Firefighters will need to:
- Respond to fire alarms, medical emergencies, and other calls to protect life and property
- Participate in site fire prevention and training
- Maintain the fire station and firefighting equipment
- Be committed to working well with a diverse group of coworkers and community members
- Support to the Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) in the development and implementation of strategic plans, policies, and operational responsibilities
- This position is a 24-hour shift rotational shift that includes weekends and holidays
- Position is located in Lemont, IL
- Immediate openings
- Union/hourly paid position
- Experience as firefighter is required
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of modern firefighting and emergency rescue is required
- Must be 18 years old in excellent physical and mental condition
- Must possess a valid driver`s license, class B is preferred
- Ability to pass medical examination requirements
- Ability to read, comprehend and respond to written and verbal technical directives
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work weekend and shift work
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Licensed as a paramedic by IDPH or national registry EMT-P and has the ability to be accepted into Loyola EMS System
- Certified as Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter by the Office of the State Fire Marshal
- All activities, as they apply to work performed by self and working with others will be executed in compliance with the core values of Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity and Teamwork.
Job ProfileDispatcher/Day Shift Firefighter
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.