- Knowledge related to engaging students and alumni in mentor programs;
- Experience in higher education setting such as career services, alumni, academic advising, or admissions;
- Ability to develop and manage relationships and ensure accountability among colleagues, mentors and partners;
- Proven experience engaging diverse stakeholders in professional development and networking activities;
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud NXT or other CRM database system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the office of Career Services to develop a comprehensive mentoring program for alumni and students.
- Serve as the resident expert of Graduway (or similar third-party platform) and administrator of the Cardinals Connect online presence – oversee the creation and management of groups, manage and analyze the mentoring function, oversee the job postings, maintain photo albums and event pages, serve as the administrator of the Business Directory, supply content for the resources section and digest newsletter, provide user data and metrics.
- Develop campus-wide training programs for mentors, mentees, and program coordinators; maintain handbooks and training materials.
- Serve as a platform resource in the development of a volunteer empowerment model. Training to include sending communications, housing group resources, and managing expectations on the platform.
- Recruit campus partners to join the official Cardinals Connect mentoring platform and guide them through the launch process. Maintain relationships and steward program coordinators.
- Provide regular updates to university leadership on progress towards strategic plan goals.
- Work closely with Assistant Director of Mentoring - Career Center on student mentee recruitment efforts and matching.
- Lead Alumni Engagement staff in recruiting and launching new mentor programs for affinity, regional, and collegiate volunteer groups to enhance goals around mentoring, lifetime learning, and pipeline development.
- Create mentor program evaluation templates for campus groups; manage data collection of feedback, assess progress and satisfaction at the halfway point and end of each program. Track progress in alumni database; demonstrate success through data and analytics.
- Serve as staff liaison to assigned Alumni Council committee. Manage committee meetings, correspondence, and oversee strategic priorities.
- Manage a stewardship and engagement portfolio of assigned alumni in an effort to engage, support and identify prospects. Meet or exceed associated metrics.
- Represent the Alumni Association at programs and events When appropriate and needed,
- Conduct evaluations for team members, assign and review work, as well as, offer coaching, professional development, and training.
- Manage budget requests, maintain records; review budget and expenditures for all programs administered.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.