- Performs general radiology, portable, and fluoroscopic procedures (GIs, GUs, pediatrics, arthrograms, spine center).
- Produces images of optimal quality for interpretation with accuracy and without delay.
- Maintains documentation requirements to ensure that all technical data is entered timely and accurately.
- Notifies management and takes proper action to address equipment malfunctions.
- Educates patients regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure understanding and cooperation.
- Ensures patients' comfort and safety during and after the exam.
- Assists with scheduling patient procedures.
- Monitors and determines priority of patients.
- Demonstrates care and operation of Radiology equipment according to technical specifications and applications.
- Assists Radiologist with fluoroscopic, GU, GI, and pediatric procedures.
- Acquires, archives, transmits, and prints images via PACS.
- Capable of after hours transmission of images and appropriate paperwork.
- Reports immediately any malfunctions to help desk and PACS Administrator.
- Processes billing via RIS.
- Provides instruction and mentoring to new hires and Radiology students.
- Continually strives to learn new technical information and skills through attendance of periodic in-service programs and participation in professional affiliation sessions.
- Potentially rotates through all diagnostic imaging modalities, sites and/or locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), in good standing.
- Current state licensure required prior to employment.
- (BLS) certification required.
Complexity of Work:
- Knowledge of anatomy and related pathologic processes.
- Ability to communicate well with Radiologists and physicians to coordinate proper imaging of patients.
- Strong communication skills are essential to provide excellent care to patients and families.
- Ability to function well with minimal or no direct supervision.
- Minimum one year experience as a General Radiologic Technologist preferred.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying weight and manipulate equipment daily.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.