- Utilizes effective and professional communication, clinical knowledge, and nursing assessment skills to quickly triage patient status.
- Provides intake, assessment, and triage for internal and external hospital transfers and direct admissions on request in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Standard operating procedures include utilization of telephonic interaction as the primary mode of contact through recorded conference calls, completing electronic documentation, and connecting appropriate providers to ensure safe exchange of patient information for acceptance to the health system.
- Elicits information from referring providers, reviews patient clinical information, and assesses patient status for appropriate placement.
- Collaborates with health care providers and hospital leadership to optimize patient outcomes utilizing clinical expertise and incorporating nursing and management experience with critical thinking skills & business intelligence tools to achieve optimal outcomes both clinically and financially for the patients and the organization.
- Applies solid understanding of the complexities of the patient status and the process and capabilities of each system hospital to seamlessly facilitate and achieve enterprise bed placement.
- Provides oversight of all bed management functions.
- Able to function at any point in the patient flow process designated in order to ensure the safe and efficient placement of patients and effective utilization of resources.
- Demonstrates cost effective management of enterprise bed resources to enable the organization to provide quality care to patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
Complexity of Work:
- Within the scope of the role, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to provide superior customer service.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent progressive clinical experience in an acute care setting required.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in healthcare setting preferred. Computer proficiency to include knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, bed management databases and EPIC preferred.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time, multitasking, manual dexterity to operate computers and normal or corrected vision.
- Requires working under stressful and emergency situations with the ability to maintain composure in any situation in order to provide superior customer service and ensure proper patient safety and placement.
- Must be able to perform multiple functions simultaneously without supervision and learn new practices promptly.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.