Ball State University offers excellent benefits, including health care and retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, and generous time off with pay.
1. An equivalent combination of two years of education and related experience in office administration/secretarial work or related field OR
2. Two years of related experience in office administration/secretarial work, or related field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide secretarial support for Chairperson, faculty, and doctoral assistants in their teaching, research, and administrative activities; compose correspondence for Chairperson and other faculty; advise and inform Chairperson, faculty, and doctoral student assistants of current departmental and university policies, procedures, schedules, deadlines, etc.: assist Chairperson in implementing policies and procedures; recommend new/revised procedures to Chairperson and faculty; prepare instructional materials for faculty and teaching assistants as needed.
- Initiate, maintain, and complete tasks for semester course scheduling, master course schedule, academic assignment reports, textbook orders, grade reports, student information, load reports, instructor updates, assignment of classroom space, etc., by entering or retrieving information on computer and/or completing paperwork. Collaborates with others on these duties as needed.
- Monitor Kronos/payroll responsibilities. Create all EPAFs. Maintain financial records and process paperwork related to departmental budget expenses, faculty travel, assistantship contracts, professional development fund, foundation account, faculty internal grant program, and graduate research/travel fund for students; deposit cash receipts as received; order instructional materials; initiate purchase/equipment repair orders and approvals and follow-up on payment/status.
- Maintain all paper and electronic files related to financial records, personnel, load assignments, promotion and tenure, faculty vacancy applications, departmental/university forms, academic programs, graduates, general correspondence, courses, accreditation etc. as needed
- Provide information to prospective students and current students for registration; grant permission to enroll in classes based on set guidelines. Administer doctoral preliminary examinations.
- Interview, train and supervise student secretary and master's student assistant; arrange and approve their work schedules.
- Arrange coverage of the departmental office during Administrative Coordinator's absence.
- Assist in faculty vacancy process; creates advertisement; prepare response letters; schedule itinerary for candidates; prepare final forms for hiring.
- Compile information and assist in preparing yearly self-study accreditation reports required by American Psychological Association and other accrediting bodies; coordinate accreditation team site visits by planning itinerary, preparing materials, reserving facilities, etc. as needed.
- Assist in preparing paperwork related to the yearly faculty promotion and tenure process.
- Initiate and follow up on facility repairs and equipment move orders; distribute and maintain records of departmental office keys; arrange and organize faculty and student office space.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.