Ball State University and Our Pledge for the Future:
Destination 2040: Our Flight Path establishes Ball State University’s ambitious goals for our second century:
• We pledge to partner with the community to improve the lives of our neighbors.
• We are dedicated to having a lifelong presence in the lives of our alumni.
And when we complement these promises with our commitment to our enduring values, we define that which makes our University and its culture distinctive.
Our faculty are collegial, collaborative, innovative, inclusive, and adaptive, both within and beyond one’s home unit. These attributes include commitments to collaborative discourse, interdisciplinary inquiry, and enterprising learning practices.
Our faculty are expected to be innovative, adaptive, engaging teachers across modalities; producers of impactful creative and/or scholarly work; leaders in meaningful service activities to multiple communities. We seek faculty members who are strategic thinkers, engaging our dynamic communities. We are committed to student and faculty success, impact, and access, within an environment that prioritizes inclusive excellence. We inspire each other to be critical thinkers and responsible citizens, so that we can pursue fulfilling careers and meaningful lives.
Ball State University lives the values of Beneficence. We invite you to be part of our community.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 120 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. We engage students in educational, research, and creative endeavors that empower our graduates to have fulfilling careers and meaningful lives enriched by lifelong learning and service, while we enhance the economic, environmental, and social vitality of our community, our state, and our world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Lifetime Learning programs in the areas served by the satellite centers.
- Facilitate satellite center event services to visitors, attendees, participants, etc.
- Manage an operating budget and generate annual revenue to cover operating expenses.
- Assign and review work, orient and train staff, and make recommendations in all areas related to supervision, including but not limited to interviewing and selection, compensation, discipline, performance appraisal, and training and career development of personnel.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with the facility owners and managers to further the interests of the university.
- Maintain close working relationships with campus and community providers of meeting and event services and facilities.
- Serve as the public relations spokesperson for the satellite centers.
- Promote facility services and programs to a variety of publics, including potential students and meeting and event planners.
- Manage an on-line registration system for events.
- Establish protocols and procedures for events held at the satellite centers.
- Perform a variety of managerial and administrative duties related to the day-to-day operation of the satellite centers.
- Serve on university committees as a university representative on external boards, task forces and committees as assigned by the Assistant Vice Provost for Lifetime Learning.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.