Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide service to users at Circulation/Reserves; check out and accept returned materials; provide assistance in the use of print and electronic resources; provide library and/or university related information; interpret library policies and procedures including the fine and cost policy.
- Perform circulation duties; maintain hold shelf; issue library cards; create brief records for items not in the system; compile statistics; prepare books for binding and receiving; distribute items for rush orders; circulate and track usage of study carrel keys.
- Train and monitor student assistants in the performance of area work assignments and job duties.
- Assist in the overdue process, preparing items for automatic notifications of fine and cost assessment and determining replacement costs of lost materials.
- Conduct physical searches for missing and lost General Collection materials; maintain search files and update the status in the system; provide information on materials to other library units.
- Prepare Bracken Library for operation; service photocopiers, microform readers/printers, and computers as appropriate; assist with closing as scheduled; monitor security conditions of Bracken Library.
- Assist with retrieving, photocopying, and scanning materials for Interlibrary Loan, processing document delivery requests, and processing electronic and print reserve requests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.