The College of Health. A vital health resource for Indiana in preparing health professionals and researchers, the College of Health is now—in its 6th year—moving boldly forward in making interprofessional education, practice and research its paradigm across each of its disciplines. The College offers 32 academic programs in 7 units: Departments of Counseling Psychology, Social Psychology, and Counseling; Military Science; Nutrition and Health Science; Speech Pathology and Audiology; and Social Work plus the Schools of Nursing and Kinesiology. Our 219 faculty and staff serve nearly 3,000 students. We partner with the communities of East Central Indiana for academic immersive learning and research. Our Health Professions Building was opened in 2019 with 165,000 square feet and is LEED Gold certified.
Our Interprofessional Community Clinics offer a range of health and mental health services by students supervised by faculty as well as community health education and prevention services through the Healthy Lifestyle Center. Our faculty and students conduct research and publish scholarship contributing to the evidence base for their respective disciplines. Our research footprint includes several research and scholarship institutes, including the Center for Peace and Conflict Studies. Founded in 1965, the Human Performance Lab is internationally recognized for conducting exercise physiology research on humans, with an approach that covers the whole body response down to the cellular physiology and molecular biology level—a whole body-to-gene approach. We are passionately committed to inclusive excellence in all we do and intend to contribute to an increasingly diverse health professional workforce to help decrease health care disparities. Bringing a strong history of academic leadership, Dr. Scott Edward Rutledge, a public health social worker and HIV prevention and services researcher, joined the College of Health as dean in 2021.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Ball State University. We are committed to excellence through a talented and diverse faculty and staff. The university offers excellent benefits, including health care and retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, and generous time off with pay.
Wages for this position start at $14.60 per hour.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payroll on Kronos; keep track of payroll deadlines; collect time sheets including temporary time sheets; post student jobs with the Career Center; add students to payroll.
- Provide receptionist support for the department office; includes greet callers, visitors and students, assist with inquiries; provide information; refer visitors to the appropriate personnel, update digital department sign.
- Prepare and maintain the online folders for all department documents; revise as approved by the Chairperson, and faculty as directed by Chairperson; prepare correspondence, memos, syllabi, classroom materials and various documents and forms utilizing word processing software; type and prepare letters, memos, reports required by the Chairperson and other faculty; maintain correspondence for all faculty searches and help with personnel searches in the department; send acknowledgment letters and file recommendation letters received for applicants; prepare meeting minutes as directed by Chairperson.
- Process all student applications related to awards, scholarships, admission, and advising; maintain associated files; Assist with and communicate with program directors regarding student applications.
- Serve as back-up for the Administrative Coordinator; includes online purchasing and travel; schedule Faculty and Chairperson’s meetings as needed.
- Coordinate the annual department honors and awards and McGovern banquets and other social events as needed; type the citations and name tags; make table assignments; assure that event proceeds smoothly; assist chairperson with communications to scholarship sponsors/donors and foundation
- Track all Central Stores and Office Depot supplies for department; order as needed; send, receive and distribute mail to faculty, staff, and graduate assistants; Assist with equipment and moving requests; schedule work order requests related to department technology and devices.
- Assign, review work and supervise student employees as needed.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Schedule and coordinate room reservations for study sessions, faculty meetings, and special events.
- Assist the Upper Division Advisor and Department Chairperson with student permission overrides and scheduling of appointments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.