Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, coordinate, and provide high-level administrative support for the Chief Advancement Officer, Senior Director of Campaign Strategy, Senior Director of Development for Principal Gifts, and Campaign Communications Strategist. Provide administrative support related to the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of principal gift donors and prospects. Provide administrative and project management assistance related to the capital campaign. Compose, format, and prepare correspondence, reports, itineraries and agendas. Compile and submit expense reports. Independently schedule and arrange meetings with donors, committees, and university partners.
- Collaborate and communicate with donors, foundation colleagues, and university partners, including the University President’s office, to strengthen and sustain positive, mutually-rewarding relations between the foundation, the university, and its donors.
- Assist with day-to-day campaign operations. Assist with Campaign Committee/Board management, including: Prepare agendas and materials for campaign committee meetings. Document and distribute meeting notes, tasks, and assignments. Communicate with committee and board members.
- Work collaboratively with an array of internal and external constituents, all of whom play key roles in our endeavors to engage prospective donors and secure high-end gifts. Play an integral role in supporting and coordinating the foundation’s work with university leadership. Plan, coordinate, and assist with special projects and donor events, both on and off campus.
- Serve as primary contact in Principal Gifts and Campaign Strategy with BSUF colleagues and BSU partners on donor related issues, helping to resolve problems, questions, and concerns.
- Work with the Office of the President and other campus partners, to compose letters, compile appropriate invitation lists, and engage donors in major foundation programs and initiatives.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Compile reports and presentation materials for the Chief Advancement Officer, Senior Director of Campaign Strategy, and Senior Director of Development for Principal Gifts for meetings such as the Board of Trustees, BSU Foundation Board of Directors, Campaign Committees and Campaign Counsel
- Maintain and update confidential donor information in the database, including donor meeting notes, projections and strategy information, relationship stage, and other coding. Compile giving information and produce reports. Compile specialized donor research and briefing materials for use by key university leadership.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.