The University of Tennessee at Martin seeks a Research Associate I for the Office of Institutional Research. The Research Associate I will be working under the supervision of the Director of Institutional Research and will collect data for the support of institutional effectiveness, planning, and assessment. Various data is needed both to complete required external reports and to support strategic planning and decision-making at the university level. The position assists with all aspects of institutional research and collaborates with others to develop and deliver effective data products.
Essential Job Functions:
· Work within Institutional Research to fulfill university information needs, including identifying the information needed in reports/data visualizations, retrieving data from relevant sources, and developing the final products/visualizations needed to deliver complete reporting solutions.
· Perform systematic extraction, analysis, and reporting of quantitative and qualitative university data for state/national reports and surveys.
· Extract and analyze data for ad-hoc reports pertaining to students, faculty, staff, and instructional processes.
Bachelor's degree required and two years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Demonstrated ability to analyze and report data. Extensive knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products. Demonstrated ability to complete assignments/projects on time
Special Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
· Ability to transform raw data into information products (reports/visualizations) that are easily understood and meet specific objectives
· Ability to think logically and solve problems
· Ability to work in a team or independently
· Ability to perform multiple tasks with great attention to detail
· Good communication skills
· Job experience turning raw data into meaningful information through analysis and report/visualization design
· Experience writing/editing SQL database queries
· Experience with reporting tools such as SAS, Argos, SAS Visual Analytics, Power BI, etc.
· Experience with statistical analysis tools such as SAS, R, Python, etc.
· Experience working in a higher education setting, preferably in an office of institutional research
· Experience with the Banner student information system