Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary front office administrator, which includes maintaining a safe and organized working area; answering, screening and forwarding incoming calls; receiving, directing and announcing visitors; receiving mail/deliveries and distribute to appropriate division member; maintaining office equipment and supplies; and answering routine requests for information while ensuring the security and non-disclosure of highly confidential information.
- Manage the division’s equipment inventory spreadsheet, which includes maintaining and updating the inventory spreadsheet as needed; notifying the appropriate supervisor when it’s time to replace old equipment; and excessing old equipment.
- Manage the Marketing and Communications attendance calendar and send daily attendance email to the division.
- Assist with Crisis Management Protocol as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Provide limited administrative support to the division of Marketing and Communications, which may include processing travel authorizations and expense reports; reserving venues; organizing package pick-ups and deliveries; creating work orders for building/office maintenance; and submitting helpdesk tickets for technology issues and/or setup.
- Provide backup for the Secretary for Marketing and Communications and Budget Coordinator in their absence and as needed.
- Assist with assigning and reviewing work of the front office BSU student assistants.
- Manage the distribution, inventory and organization of the Marketing and Communications’ promotional items for internal, external, and community partners.
- Maintain proficiency on all University policies, procedures, and data systems.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.