Job DescriptionSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
This is a full-time benefits-eligible position. Benefits include competitive salary; health, dental, vision, life insurance, AD & D, long-term disability; 3 weeks paid vacation per year; 3 weeks of accrued sick leave per year; 13 paid holidays; retirement; and generous education assistance for an employee, spouse and dependent children taking classes at UCM.
Completed UCM online application for employment required.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
A review will begin immediately and continue until filled.
NOTE: A background check is required for the selected candidate of this position and any job offer is contingent on the results of this check.
The University of Central Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer and specifically invites applications from women, minorities, veteran status, and people with disabilities.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am -5:00 pm
Occasional nights and weekends
Bargaining Unit No
Work Location Warrensburg Campus
Posting Date 09/28/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
The System Coordinator is responsible for:
1. Providing daily system hardware and software technical support and expertise to UCM campus users to include faculty, staff and students comprising computers and tablets (Apple and PC both), printers and other peripherals, and network issues.
2. Leading, guiding and developing technology-related projects and services under the supervision of the Director and CIO.
3. Maintaining an accurate inventory of all UCM -owned technology devices and software.
Education & Formal Training Education/Experience substitution (specify), Bachelor's degree (Specify field(s) of study below), Master's degree (Specify field(s) of study below)
Other Education & Formal Training
Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related field. Master’s preferred.
Education may be substituted for experience or experience may be substituted for education. Note that equivalencies are based on the following: AA = 2 years experience; BA/BS = 4 years experience; MA/MS = 6 years experience; PhD = 8 years experience.
Computer Skills Word-Processing, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Web Page Maintenance, Other - Database management preferred
1. Three years of progressively more responsible technical experience, including complex use and support of multiple computing platforms in stand-alone and lab environments, five years preferred.
2. System Coordination preferred.
3. PC, Mac, and software problem-solving.
4. Apple / Macintosh expertise preferred.
Licenses, Certificates, Registrations, & State/Federal Requirements of Position: Criminal History check, Fingerprinting, Driver's license
Other Licenses, Certificates, Registrations, & State/Federal Requirements
Casper Mobile Device Management Software Training JAMF
Special Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge: Attention to detail, Communication skills, including oral, written, and/or nonverbal, Knowledge of a University environment preferred, Human Relations/Interpersonal skills, Leadership skills: organization/meeting facilitation/project leadership, Supervisory skills, including motivation, delegation of duties, evaluation, etc, Management and/or administration skills, Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines, Maintain confidentiality
Other Special Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
Maintain knowledge of technology trends and innovations
Maintain working knowledge of Macs, PCs, various operating systems, Microsoft Office programs, and related productivity software along with willingness to learn new software utilized by departments and centers.