Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, design, promote, and implement community economic development initiatives of the Indiana Communities Institute including the ICI Academy, community-specific training programs, andcommunity-based projects in collaboration with the Director of Program Development and Training.
- Manage day-to-day operations related to designing, scheduling, promoting, and conducting educational experiences including budgeting, speaker recruitment and support, registration, on-site execution (equipment set up, check-in, tech support, etc.) and follow up evaluations in collaboration the Director of Program Development and Training.
- Identify training needs, create, plan and conduct training programs. Lead outreach efforts in areas related to comprehensive community economic development. Support similar efforts of ICI staff including presentation, material development, and logistics management.
- Ensure ICI remains at the cutting-edge of comprehensive community economic development training and consultation by tracking current research and trends and identifying different ways to deliver content that is grounded in research, focused on policy, engaged in practice, and that puts communities first.
- Support efforts to identify the needs for, establish, and help implement special projects and consultative services including liaising with partners, developing and designing curriculum, managing meeting or engagement logistics, facilitating meetings or engagement efforts, and conducting follow-up activities to help assess effectiveness.
- Support and establish overall communication messaging and promotional efforts aimed at advancing ICI’s comprehensive community economic development andcommunity-based initiatives and education and/or related research, policy, and/or practices including managing website maintenance, social media, and traditional public relations.
- Develop and maintain cooperative and effective relationships with state agencies, local leaders, community economic development andother community-based partners, community volunteers, universities, and other external partners in pursuit of comprehensive community economic development and community-based initiatives and education.
- Develop and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with Ball State University faculty, staff and, as needed, students. Serve as a liaison between university resources and Indiana communities in pursuit of community economic development and community-based initiatives and education.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of community, state and federal funding programs and other community economic development related resources.
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in and understanding of the theory and practice of comprehensive community economic development.
- Perform other duties as needed to advance Ball State, ICI, and communities through comprehensive community economic development and/orcommunity-based initiatives and education.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.