Join the renowned Cleveland Clinic team at our Akron General Medical Center and experience world-class healthcare at its very best. Work alongside talented physicians, nurses and other caregivers at one of Ohio’s top medical centers.
As a Registered Nurse in our Cardiovascular Surgical Unit, you will play an essential role on the care team. Your mission is to deliver professional, compassionate nursing care in an operative setting.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
-Is reliable, dependable and passionate about learning.
-Collaborates easily with other caregivers.
-Shares our goal of improving the patient’s experience and outcomes.
-Thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
By taking this opportunity, you will gain experience working with a diverse staff performing the latest procedures and receive guidance and support from executive leadership and your fellow nurses.
If career growth, providing world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths are what matter most to you, then we encourage you to consider Cleveland Clinic. Join us, and you’ll experience the difference of a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient condition and responds appropriately.
- PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified problems.
- Updates goals for identified problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and educational needs.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research and evidence-based practice.
- Safely administers patient care and treatments in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Safely administers medications in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and approved abbreviations.
- EVALUATION: Participates in on-going interdisciplinary evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Acts as a role model/mentor.
- Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
- Accepts/gives constructive criticism.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Pursues on-going education and/or certification in specialty.
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Involves self in professional development opportunities including community activities.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding Principles.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
- Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains BLS.
- Follows ho spital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.