The Clinical Trials Office is looking for a Clinical Research RN II.
The Clinical Research Nurse facilitates clinical research activity at Moffitt Cancer Center and/or affiliated institutions by leading the coordination of opening new protocols, new patient evaluation, registering eligible patients and coordinating protocol‐related care of patients enrolled on clinical trials. The clinical research nurse is required to have an in‐depth knowledge of protocol requirements and good clinical practices as set forth by Federal regulations. As the primary resource for the protocols, the research nurse will coordinate and provide direct patient care, perform ongoing assessments, deliver patient education, and document in accordance with standards and regulatory guidelines pertaining to specified research patients enrolled onto Moffitt run clinical
- Maintains research competence in the provision of care and services to patients.
- Plans immediate and future interventions to include referral and collaboration with other services specifically related to research protocol requirements.
- Provides education to patients, families and significant others specifically related to research protocol requirements.
- Performs nursing assessments and triages patient care needs specifically related to research protocol.
- Provides direct nursing care and appropriate supportive care specifically related to research protocol.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Current Florida RN with 3 years relevant nursing experience (oncology or other acute setting).
- 2 years of direct clinical trials coordination required.
- CPR certification recommended.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.