Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for employee support and respond to Human Resources inquiries via multiple channels (phone, email, in-person, etc.), resolve inquiries that are routine and/or of moderate complexity, and escalate more complex requests to the relevant functional area; ensure all inquiries are handled timely with consistency and accuracy.
- Clarify the needs of the employee, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond in a professional and compassionate manner. Effectively communicate and educate callers and visitors regarding HR policies and procedures. Assist employees with navigation of various HR systems (Employee Self Service, TMS, Benefit Focus, Kronos, etc.) and may initiate some HR transactions on behalf of employees and applicants.
- Partner with all areas of Human Resources to identify process improvements, system enhancements, knowledge resources, and communication needs. Assist with building a more robust knowledge base for the HR Solutions Center.
- HR Coordinators will also perform work in one or more of the following areas of specialization listed below.
- Administrative Support: Reconcile credit card statements and upload documents. Order supplies. Serve as a Notary. Review calendars and assist with scheduling appointments. Compile data and format personnel reports for Board of Trustees and send for review and approval. Compile data for reports. Assist with the planning of a number of events (training sessions, meetings, employee conferences). Schedule rooms, make arrangements for equipment, refreshments, and room set up.
- Benefits: Notify employees regarding qualifying events. Assist with short- and long-term disability application process. Draft and send overage letters and emails for Anthem. Review tuition remission requests and approve when appropriate. Submit retirement vendor withdrawal and transfer forms. Send retirement packets to employees and process retirement paperwork. Ensure new employees have made retirement selection decisions and that their retirement records are accurate. Upload TERF and PERF enrollment and member maintenance files. Review and calculate service dates for retirement in Banner, to include emeritus/honoratus dates.
- Communications: Update web pages. Draft assigned communications, to include those items for the monthly newsletter, and send items to the Communications Center. Maintain communications calendar. Send targeted emails (Wellness Ambassadors, Supervisors, employee groups). Develop the annual holiday calendar for review. Disseminate Qualtrics surveys and compile responses.
- Employment: Manage the internal service hiring process. Create internal Service postings in TMS and develop corresponding yellow sheets. Pull seniority and group information from Argos reports and TMS to create internal bid sheets once posting closes. Rank top bidders and ensure eligibility to be offered the position (i.e. sick list, discipline, transfers). Screen to ensure minimum qualifications are met. Run background checks for all new hires. Run background checks for all those working with minors. Prepare write up sheets for those with background issues. Draft and send appointment letters, annual contracts, notices of tenure, etc. Work with candidates hired through search firms to obtain personal data. Perform delinquent account checks.
- Leave Administration: Serve as the initial point of contact with employees who are requesting a leave of absence and prepare the intake sheet. Send FML paperwork to employees. Draft FML, ESL and other leave-related correspondence. Assist with data entry in PEAFMLA records. Review leave ending reports from Argos and flag which employees need follow up communications. Answer questions regarding the leave process.
- Offboarding: Terminate records in Benefit focus to initiate COBRA notifications.
- Onboarding: Enroll new employees in Onboarding system and send out instructions to the product. Obtain all new hire documents. Manage I-9 process including uploading into Everify and contact foreign nationals when documents expire. Assign new employees to New Employee Orientation. Send out onboarding emails.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.