If you possess excellent customer service skills and have a knack for IT (information technology) then you might want to consider applying to become the next part-time Ball State Information & OCC Representative. The successful applicant will play a central role in providing telephone/chat assistance of general information to university offices, faculty, staff, students, local, regional, national, and international callers. As well as, assists with monitoring business critical systems and responding to and taking corrective action in response to system alarms and failures. Looking forward to meeting you!
Hours for this position are Sundays 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Thursday and Fridays 3:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prompt and courteous assistance and information to internal and external callers. This includes telephone numbers, special events and activities, building locations, directions, and emergency information.
- Answer and direct incoming calls in an accurate, efficient, and professional manner, implementing exceptional customer service.
- Assist callers with questions after the Helpdesk closes on weeknights and over weekends; reset passwords and complete Duo Mobile resets as needed.
- Operate BSU radio communication system for critical and non-critical situations. Relay work information to maintenance, University Police, custodial and housing personnel and maintain log of all radio calls.
- Perform ERP checks, server walk-thru, follow documented procedures to complete preventative system health checks.
- Monitor and provide security for Operations Control Center and the primary data center in Robert Bell Building.
- Assist Unified Communications technicians in testing lines and numbers during installations and repairs.
- Gather and analyze data to be used for training and staffing purposes. Train new, temporary, and student employees as needed.
- Continually maintain a working knowledge of events occurring on BSU Campus and BSU affiliated activities by using Ball State web pages, calendars, department contacts, news articles, as well as Marketing and Communication postings.
- Respond to and take corrective action in response to system alarms and failures by determining technical priorities based on set standards and procedures. Analyze console messages; use problem/incident notifications and escalation procedures, and other documentation to resolve problems; contact and communicate job and/or system status with applicable System Service team members and support personnel.
- Serve as essential personnel during severe weather or university crisis situations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.