Or, in lieu of Bachelor’s degree:
2. Associate’s degree plus an additional combination of education or experience in IT equivalent to two years.
3. High school diploma or GED plus an additional combination of education or experience in IT equivalent to four years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis, coding, documentation and problem resolution.
- Create and maintain the scripts and processes required to extract, transform, review and move data and metadata to the appropriate data store. Review business problems and design appropriate solutions using various ETL toolsets.
- Meet with functional units to define projects; discuss work progress and problem resolution; ensure the strategic goal of implementing comprehensive and integrated information systems are met..
- Develop solutions using the software development tools and database management systems that are deemed acceptable by the institution, including reviewing emerging database technologies and providing recommendations? maintain a current working knowledge of these tools and technologies.
- Develop gap analysis between current state and desired state from a data perspective. Assist with the creation of a set of data standards to guide developers.
- Analyze and translate requirements and change requests into technical specifications.
- Perform unit testing, tuning and optimization of ETL processes.
- Provide technical support as needed for assigned systems/applications.
- Provide ITS staff and functional unit technical staff technical support and training in the tools and technologies in the ETL processes and data stores as appropriate.
- Provide business and production support on a 24/7 basis as needed.
- Support the ITS staff in the development of long-range planning strategies that will continue to allow the IT staff to provide optimum service to clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.