The Department of Neurology at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking an experienced Research Technician to assist in cutting-edge neuroscience research. The technician will be joining the newly launched Laboratory of Neural Circuit Modulation. The main mission of the lab is to make fundamental discoveries about the inhibitory circuits that control brain activity, and to invent neuro-modulatory intervention strategies to treat epilepsy. The lab uses a variety of experimental techniques, that include in vivo 2-photon microscopy, optogenetics, immunohistochemistry, video-EEG recordings, and mouse models of epilepsy. This position offers an opportunity to participate in fundamental and translational research and will provide a broad preparation for graduate education or careers in neuroscience and related biomedical sciences. With significant contributions, technicians will be able to author their own scientific papers.
More information on the research can be found at https://www.dudoklab.com/
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments.
- Documents results of experiments.
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes data.
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Assists the Principal Investigator with grant budget, manuscript and protocol preparation and submission.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- Experience in working with vertebrate animal in the laboratory.
- Strong interest in neuroscience.
- Be motivated to learn and recognizes the importance of being consistent.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.