This Senior Coordinator, Academic Services ensures a smooth and orderly functioning of the Learning Community program within the Department of Student Affairs by overseeing and coordinating the day-to-day operations of the program and provides administrative support to the Deans of Student Affairs and various areas of the Student Affairs office (events, student activities, etc.). This position will also support reception duties for Office of Student Affairs. It is imperative that the Senior Coordinator must demonstrate excellent networking, relationship, and conversational skills and communicate effectively and politely, both in writing and verbally while maintaining a positive working relationship with faculty, students, peers, and learners. Must be a self-motivated, self-initiator who is organized, detail oriented, and able to multitask.
- Oversees the coordination for events and activities for the Learning Community program.
- Actively participates in aspects of daily academic operations.
- Provides assistance and training to lower-level employees and other program staff members.
- Conducts formal training or instruction to the new advisors on the programs.
- Maintains a Blackboard Learning Community Course Organization for Learning Community Faculty and Specialty Specific Mentors with faculty development information.
- Processes financial related transactions and travel related to Learning Community and Student Affairs Deans.
- May recommend changes in policies and procedures.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of curricula, practices and procedures.
- Manage usage and maintenance of department storage area.
- Manage annual goals acknowledgment and end of year assessment completion.
- Provides administrative support to the Student Affairs deans such as drafting correspondence; preparing reports and presentations; scheduling appointments and setting up meetings.
- Manages annual Dean's Hour calendar to include scheduling, publishing, updating as needed.
- Coordinates with guest speakers, set up virtual meetings or room reservations, and upload recordings to Blackboard.
- Coordinates with Office of Communications, Graduate School and School of Health Professions to support faculty and student graduation regalia orders.
- Certifies currently enrolled students and previous graduates for examination rosters.
- Assists students who need a PAPR; ensure forms are completed, issue devices.
- Coordinates yearbook production and distribution with Senior Manager and student leaders.
- Proctors Clinical Science and Basic Science examinations as needed.
- Provides customer service and support to students, faculty and staff entering the office suite.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Senior Manager and Student Affairs Deans.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office productivity tools of Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.