The Research Tech II will be responsible for experiments involving transgenic mice and mammalian cell culture to elucidate the role of genetic modifiers in human developmental disorders.
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments.
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments.
- Sets mouse genetic crosses.
- Collects tissues for biochemical, histological, and molecular analyses.
- Performs ink injections to visualize the biliary system in the liver.
- Performs knock-down, knock-out and overexpression studies in mammalian cells.
- Performs signaling and gene expression analyses.
- Generates and/or prepares the reagents required for the above-mentioned experiments.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in a basic science area related to biomedical research, including but not limited to Biochemistry, Cell Biology or Genetics.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.