The Center is an academic unit within Ball State University and serves as a regional campus for the Indiana University School of Medicine. Located on the campus of IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, the Center provides a full four-year medical doctor training program for medical students of Indiana University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Director; includes provide problem resolution in routine situations; communicate information collected to Director for action in more involved situations; schedule activities, meetings, and appointments; provide information and assistance with departmental policies and procedures; provide student verification letters; maintain student files; assist students and faculty.
- Monitor departmental budget and office equipment purchases as well as the purchase of other supplies; use on-line purchasing system to enter requisitions and receiving; monitor on-line accounting information; reconcile credit card transactions and journal voucher purchases to the correct account; track purchases on all 2 dash accounts.
- Coordinate faculty and staff search and hiring process; maintain current personnel files for faculty and staff; enter NOA's for the Center; handle initial and reappointment Personnel Action Recommendations for Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM); enter E-docs on-line for Center faculty and clinical volunteer faculty; maintain adjunct faculty database.
- Maintain central calendar and assist faculty with course related work: maintain calendar for courses and events; take minutes for faculty meetings; attend and keep meeting minutes; order gross anatomy lab supplies; work with Education Specialist to select dates for OSCE events for IUSM and other training for medical students
- Coordinate the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) exam administration process with Technology Coordinator; includes order and obtain payment for exams when needed; provide IUSM with information on the exams ordered; oversee proctoring of exams with Technology Coordinator; check on-line scoring; maintain Center copy of scores; finalize online exams with NBME website.
- Plan and implement the orientation process for new medical students with Lead Advisor; includes prepare and send informational letters; set itinerary for orientation; manage schedule.
- Plan, organize and oversee special events: includes orientation; end of year banquet; visits of IUSM administration, faculty, and staff; interview days; accreditation visits;
- Assign and review work, orient and train Secretary and make recommendations as to interviewing and selection, performance appraisal, and discipline;
- Prepare charts and tables with current information for budget report annually for IUSM; compile information from salaries, grants, awards and faculty annual reports.
- Serve as back-up receptionist.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.